From Special Studies, I extracted the genus who are associated with various symptoms/conditions and then aggregated into a single table below. See Special Studies Updated and A new specialized selection of suggestions links for background.
UPDATE: Just added Possible help for the root of all evil in the microbiome?
Conceptually, these are the ones that will lead to a variety of symptoms and conditions. Two of the more significant ones are available as probiotics:
- Clostridium (i.e. miyarisan (jp) / miyarisan)
- Bifidobacterium (many brands, I tend to favor Custom Probiotics offerings with HMO)
- Prevotella may be available as a retail probiotic soon (see Prevotella copri as Next Generation Probiotics). There is also a US Patent for Prevotella histocola which implies work on producing it.
- Veillonella probiotics appear to be available in a mixture (ULTRA-VEILLONELLA) however, I have reservations about the seller (site is new – 2022, no species information, no safety or other studies (legally required in the USA), no information about the company, etc. in other words has an unpleasant smell)
- Note that Lactobacillus is far down this list.
CLICK ON THE BACTERIA BELOW TO SEE WHAT INCREASES OR DECREASES EACH
|Bacteria Rank||Shifted||Conditions||Sum Of Conditions|
2 thoughts on “The root of all evil in the Microbiome?”
Thankyou for posting this. I’m a holistic health coach, certifified by Veroach as Holobody coach. Specialize in microbiome restoration and optimization, and find it difficult to convince folks that they are likely missing some crucial microbes. Microbes that would have come from our mother’s milk and birth canal, had she or we never had antibiotics, been formula fed, c section birthed, or eaten cmmercial foods.
I work with many of the named species, but several strains, specific to only humans. It’s the rare individual that will accept that modern living has robbed us of those and up to 200 species of microbes.
Your post helps in this battle against so very many inflammatory illnesses. Thankyou